In this region, there is a wide range of historical treasures and natural beauty to explore. Discover some of the interesting activities and places for families, solo travelers or nature, and history lovers!
If you would like to plan your trip well and find also a perfect accommodation, you might get inspired by our list of personally selected best Black Forestâ€˜s hotels
1. Steinwasen Park - For Family FunLocated in Oberried near Freiburg, Steinwasen Park is a recreational park for families. The theme park features a small zoo and thereâ€™s a wide range of games and activities for smaller kids. There is Luxiâ€™s Kinderland, the MÃ¤rchenkino or mediocre fast - a fun coaster. The Bergrodelbahn or the River Splash is suitable for older children and adults. In addition, there are many animals such as marmots, raccoons or fallow deer to see and a great hanging bridge with fantastic views.
Top Tip: In the park, there are several restaurants and great picnic areas!Location: Oberried
Opening hours: 9 am to 6 pm (high season)Ticket prices: Children under 4 years old and birthday children are allowed to visit the park free of charge! Children from 4 - 11 years pay 19 EUR.
2. Burg Hohenbaden - Old Castle with Wind HarpFrom the 11th to the 15th century, the marketâ€“makers of Baden lived here, today the castle ruin is free of charge for all visitors! Take a tour of the old castle and enjoy wonderful views of the countryside from the terraces of the ruins. The largest wind harp in Europe, built by RÃ¼diger Oppermann is located in the castle.
Top tip: If you are looking to explore the cultural highlights of the Black Forest, and you love good food, a night in the nearby Brenners Park hotel would an amazing experience for you.Location: Baden-Baden
Admission: FreeMore information here.
3. Dome St. Blasien â€“ A Cultural ChurchIn the southern Black Forest in the district of Waldshut is the imposing Dome St. Blasien, with a total height of 62 meters. It was consecrated in 1783 and the important church building is also called "SchwarzwÃ¤lder Dom" in the Volksmund.
Over the years, the cathedral has been severely damaged and rebuilt repeatedly and extensively renovated. In addition to its fantastic architecture, the cathedral also houses unique ceiling paintings by the painter Walter Georgi. Even today the dome is still the fourth largest church dome in Europe!Top tip: In the cathedral, there are often wonderful concerts, which create incomparable sounds through the vastness of the dome. If you have time - itâ€™s a must visit for you!
Location: St. Blasien, Landkreis WaldshutOpening hours: 8:30 am - 5 pm winter time, 8 am - 6:30 pm summer time
4. Hauffs fairy tale museum - for young and old!
The fairytale museum is dedicated to the writer Wilhelm Hauff and his narrative art. In the authorâ€™s stories, such as "The Cold Heart" is described in a colorful and detailed manner, how life and work were at an earlier time. The museum is colorful and picturesque. This place is definitely not only suitable for children, but also for adults who like to escape everyday life for a while.
Top tip: In the museum, there is also a literary section as well as a reading zone. If you want to go back into the reality again, you should still stay in the hotel Traube Tonbach - very close, great view and also here the time seems to stand still!
Location: Alte Reichenbachstr. 1, BaiersbronnAdmission: 1,50 EUR
More information here.
5. Gasometer Pforzheim â€“ A Great Museum
The former Gasometer Pforzheim is a fascinating exhibition location with a height and a diameter of 40 meters. The 360Â° Panoramamuseum hosts changing exhibitions and interesting guided tours.
Top Tip: Groups can also book individual times for the guided tours with pre-registration!Location: Pforzheim
Opening hours: daily 10 am - 6 pmPrices: adults 11 EUR, children 5 EUR. Special rates for groups available!
More info about Gasometer Pforzheim here.
6. Spielbank Baden-Baden - the casino with flair!The casino in Baden-Baden is not really an insider tip â€“ but worth a visit. Whether you want to play or watch the players, youâ€™ll enjoy the special ambiance the casino has.
The casino is in an imposing building of the Kurhaus Baden-Baden â€“ it is elegant and stylish. His luck can be found here in various roulette styles, black jack or classic automaton games.
Top Tip: At the Casino, great events are always held, and the "creative cooks" are always on display at the "The Grill" restaurant, Sunday to Thursday.
Location: Spielbank Baden-BadenOpening hours: Sunday to Thursday: 2 pm â€“ 2 am, Friday & Saturday: 2 pm â€“ 3:30 am
Entry: classic game â€“ 5 EUR, slot machine game â€“ 1 EUR