6. Villa Santa, TuscanyPart of the luxury of this villa is its location: surrounded by vineyards in a centuries-old estate. The interiors retain a sense of grandeur, although they have been renovated to a high modern standard with sympathetic country-style interiors that will quickly make you feel at home. Villa Santa stands out for its excellent facilities, which include the estate golf course, a wine cellar with wine testing activities, an outdoor pizza oven and a large pool whose turquoise waters beckon invitingly.
Type of luxury: If you like to feel right at home during your holiday.
Price: From â‚¬28 000 per week
Pricey, but how much extra is it if you would like an infinity pool too?
5. Villa Asia â€“ BiarritzVilla Asia offers a little taste of zen in the heart of one of Franceâ€™s favourite holiday regions. Located in historic Arbonne, this large holiday house is dedicated to calm and serenity inside and outside. The house offers accommodation for 12, and the interiors throughout are characterised by stylish design that sets high store by natural materials, light and balance. Outside, an infinity pool and endless terraces beckon invitingly, to encourage you to while away the hours under the warm sun and eat al-fresco to your heartâ€™s content, in truly idyllic surroundings.
Type of luxury: Laid-back but with no compromise on the details.
Price: from â‚¬30 000
The zen feeling is worth the money, but how much does it cost to have jet-skis included?
4. Villa Sasha â€“ Corfu IslandThis unique villa is one of the most exclusive in Greece, thanks tis location next door to the royal summer palace. A 9 acre estate features everything from immaculate landscaped gardens to a secluded pebble beach, while the facilities are outstanding: a 10m swimming pool, jet-ski and a ski-boat. Meanwhile the interiors are decorated in typical Greek style, so expect clean, simple white in every room with bold accents of turquoise that mirror the colour of sea and sky.
Type of luxury: Lazy days in the sunshine
Price: from â‚¬42 000 per week
A good deal for having your own private beach but read on to find out how much more you could pay...
3. Le Vedute, Amalfi CoastThis luxury catered villa has a much sought-after location, on an estate that stretches down to the Amalfi Coast beaches. Situated in two hectares of ground, Le Vedute therefore offers an incomparable degree of privacy, including private beach access through an outdoor lift down to sea level. Interiors are bright and light, and in a typical Amalfi style that celebrates colour while retaining an elegant simplicity. Beautiful gardens surround the house, and there is even a vegetable allotment providing the ingredients for the gourmet dinners that are served. For the ultimate in convenience, the villa has both a pier and helipad, should you choose to arrive by yacht or by helicopter.
Type of luxury: Soaking up the Italian way of life with every whim catered to
Price: from â‚¬48 000 per week
The price is right for Tuscany... but read on to find out how much Ibiza costs!
2. Villa Bay IbizaVilla Bay is the epitome of the luxury life, Ibiza-style. The property lies in the northeast corner of the island, and enjoys private sea access. This luxurious property is an intimate hideaway, the perfect getaway for a selective clientele who seek the ultimate in privacy and luxury in one of Europeâ€™s most idyllic places. The facilities at this magnificent villa include a power boat, a massive party room with 3D cinema, games, pool table, DJ stations for poolside or indoor music, a 40m Olympic pool and indoor & outdoor fitness facilities, including an air conditioned gym.
Type of luxury: The ultimate party villa
Price: From â‚¬50 000 per week
And while the party house is for big spenders only, you can go even more expensive...
1. Villa Barbara Saint-TropezYou wont be surpised to hear that the most expensive villa is on the French Riviera. St Tropez is synonymous with glamorous, sophisticated luxury and exclusive Villa Barbara fits in perfectly with this way of life. An enormous property set in immaculate grounds, the villa is only a short stroll from Place des Lices and the centre of everything but retains privacy and the feeling of being in an old-time movie set. The carefully-curated art collection and the Fendi furniture ensure even connoisseurs of luxury villa holidays have something to enjoy. Facilities in this property are superb, and include an enormous swimming pool in the heart of the grounds that is likely to become the focal point of your stay. Otherwise, you can hang out on the terrace and watch the sunlight play on the sailboats out on the Mediterranean.
Type of luxury: Exclusive old-school glamour
Price: From â‚¬60 000 per week
Time to start saving...