1. ESF de Vallorcine (For children and beginners)Ideal school for children and beginners in all disciplines - skiing, nordic skiing, snowboarding, freestyle and off-piste - thanks to its enthusiastic teachers. They offer fun-filled group lessons and private lessons for those more shy about their skills.
Top tip: The Ecole du Ski FranÃ§ais (ESF) also has schools in ArgentiÃ¨re and Les Houches.
2. Chamonix Snowboard School (for snowboarders)If you are looking for a school focused on snowboarding, then look no further! The instructors at Chamonix Snowboard School are certified snowboarders and official UIAGM mountain guides so know the ski area like the back of their hands! They also are willing to share all its secret powder spots with you!
Top tip: Heliskiing, freestyle and freeriding courses are also available.
3. Evolution 2 (For Offpiste Skiers)If you are coming to Chamonix for its legendary powder, chances are you will be descending the world-famous VallÃ©e Blanche. But if you want to enjoy it to its fullest, you will need a guide and no one knows the glacier like the instructors at Evolution 2.
Top tip: The schoolÂ´s VallÃ©e Blanche Ski & Board Clinic is perfect for those needing to build some confidence before going down the slope.
4. Chamonix Sport Aventure (For Extreme Skiers)Every skier knows that once you step into ungroomed snow, the sky is the limit and at this school that is exactly what you get. They offer muscle-busting off-piste ski and snowboard guiding courses, exhilarating heliskiing sessions, scenic Chamonix Mont Blanc ski tours and much more! All their instructors are qualified and with years of experience in the valley.
Top tip: They are great for summer adventures too! They offer tandem paragliding flights, canyon downhill, via-ferrata for almost all ages, trekking, mountaineering and an epic Mont-Blanc ascent.
5. Ecorider Chamonix (For Eco-Conscious Skiers)The first environmentally friendly ski school is also the best option for skiers who want to progress and make the most of the natural beauty of Chamonix. Their freetouring classes take you to the most stunning off-piste runs while the Ski Safari ensures you make the most of the 5 ski areas that form the Chamonix valley. Private alpine skiing and snowboarding lessons are also available.
Top tip: The school organises Ski & Yoga sessions in January and April that are worth a try.